Monday, September 17, 2018

Providence Pictures



The "Welcome to Rhode Island" sign. 

The funny thing about Rhode Island is that my Dad's family founded the state in 1636. Eventually his relatives moved west. Then, 200 years later, my Mom's family moved from Ireland to Rhode Island. 

So my Mom grew up in the state my Dad's relatives founded! 



Here is the house my mom grew up in in Providence. She grew up on the first floor of this 3 story tenement. This house is right near Brown University so they've fixed it up and we are guessing it is student housing. 


Here is the church she went to while growing up. 


Here's the school she went to through 8th grade. 
The school now appears to be part of Brown University which is nearby. 



We then drove around Brown University. My Brown relatives founded this university though not a direct grandfather. 



It was a very pretty campus. 






No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...