Monday, September 24, 2018

Long Island

When we got off the ferry, I was sad that I wouldn't have a picture of "Welcome to New York." Well, there was was one just as we drove off the ferry!! That was a nice surprise!


The drive from Orient Point to East Hampton was beautiful. It was my favorite drive of the whole trip. Most of our 2 week trip, we drove on toll expressways and highways that just took you through trees. There wasn't much scenery or things to look at unless you were driving in the cities. 

 I didn't take many pictures on this drive as I was just enjoying the scenery. It was all small farms. In the above photo, I took a picture of one of the few circles I saw!! 


After about 90 minutes, we got to East Hampton. It was a really pretty town as well. Everything on Long Island I'd seen so far was just pretty. 


They had little shops in East Hampton. 


They also had a lot of traffic. We came on a Thursday so people were heading out from the city for the weekend. 


We finally made it to my Aunts' house. The kids jumped right into the pool and spent HOURS out there swimming.  A whole bunch of acorns had fallen into the deep end so the kids swam down and picked them all up! 


Jeremy grilled burgers and corn for dinner. 


The kids wanted to watch Spongebob during dinner so we brought up a tray and let them. 


After dinner, my aunt took us on a drive around East Hampton. At this beach, I spied a doodle staring at me as usual. 


East Hampton was just so pretty. Everything was landscaped. 


East Hampton had an old windmill built in 1806. 


I liked how there would be a row of hedges with a line of trees just outside of them. So pretty!


These people had a row of hedges and then a row of hydrangeas!! 



There were some beautiful homes. Many homes you couldn't see. However, their shrubbery was beautiful!! 


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...