Monday, September 10, 2018

Plymouth Rock

We went to see Plymouth Rock! I had 4 relatives on the Mayflower (that I know of). It wouldn't surprise me if there were more given that I have a few "dead ends" with people who came from that general area. 

My four Mayflower relatives were John and Joan (Hurst) Tilley and their daughter Elizabeth Tilley. The fourth Mayflower relative was John Howland. He's the guy who fell of the Mayflower. Good thing they pulled him back onto the Mayflower or the kids and I wouldn't be here!!

John and Joan Tilley died the first winter in Plymouth. 

 John Howland married Elizabeth Tilley a few years later. They had 10 children who all lived to adulthood and those 10 children probably had 10 children each. When we visited the Howland House later that day, we were told there are around 2 million descendents of John and Elizabeth (Tilley) Howland. They are my 11th great grandparents. 

Here is the rock labeled 1620! We knew it was going to be small so we weren't too surprised. 




It was foggy down by the water that morning, but you could tell it was going to be hot later on that afternoon. 





Boats in the fog. 

They had these funny things all over. 





William Bradford statue. 


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...