Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Fruit Drying Experiment


Brian and Karen are letting us borrow their fruit dehydrator for 3 years. Jeremy and the kids did a fruit drying experiment. 

They found strawberries, bananas, pineapples, and apples worked really well. 

Raspberries and blackberries did not do so well. 

Originally, they put pickles in there to see what would happen. Within 5 minutes, we could smell pickles all over the house and realized it might contaminate the fruit and make it taste like pickles. They took the pickles out. 


They made fruit leather buy spreading applesauce! 



The finished product. Wow, it looks smaller! 

No comments:

Spring Break Day 6-Biloxi, Mississippi

We left Alabama and headed to visit relatives in New Orleans. We drove across Mississippi. We drove along the Gulf Coast and drove throug...