Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Nathan's First Phone Call

Nathan made his first phone call tonight. He called 911 and then hung up.

My little man likes to play with the phone. He was playing with it tonight. I took it from him and hung it up. About 5 seconds later, the phone rings! It's 911 dispatch which isn't too uncommon because they do call here alot...but always when Jeremy is home. They're calling to send him to a call or something.

Anyway, it scared me that they were calling me because I thought something had happened to Jeremy!! Nope, they tell me that they had a 911 hang up from our number. So they had dispatched all deputies to run code to our house to figure out why someone had hung up.

Well, guess which deputy that included? Yes, Jeremy. So here he is driving as fast as he can to our house not knowing why I called 911 and hung up. We've had to call 911 before because of a severe allergic reaction so he likely thought something bad had happened to Nathan. Luckily, he didn't have to drive far before dispatch told him it was an accidental call. But still, I made him drive 100 mph to our house and scared him half to death because I let Nathan play with the phone. Nathan is not getting the phone again. I feel terrible.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

HAHA as embarassing as that is, there will be a day, in the probably near future, where when you think of that day, you'll just bust out laughing. Kids and their innocent 'mistakes' make for the funniest memories most of the time!

gerrycammy said...

Too funny! Reed did the same thing last fall... He gets to play with dead phones only now... we have an old cordless that even beeps when he pushes button. Our cell phones also have a 'lock out' feature, which makes for good car toys.

Christel said...

Oh my gosh! I can only imagine how scared Jeremy was! Poor thing. Eli loves to call people too, but on our cell phones it's usually Adam Droker since he's the first of our contacts. I really want to read the Twilight series, but must find them first! LOL

Amy and Bryan said...

Our niece Grace likes phones too. She also was given an old one to play with.

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...