Monday, October 6, 2008

Apples!

It's the time of the year for fresh, delicious, crunchy, wonderful apples! My parents brought us up our first box of apples. I was fortunate to grow up in the apple capital of the world. Seriously, I think more apples are grown in Central Washington than anywhere else. I remember back in high school running cross country and eating apples on our runs. The coach would get so mad and we'd always end up with sideaches from eating while running.

Anyway, in the fall, we would always go pick lots of apples. We'd have boxes of different kinds of apples in the basement all winter long where they would stay cool. In our house here in Spokane, we heat the basement, so the apples will have to go out in the shop.

What's weird about apple season is that you never see these delicous fresh apples in the grocery stores! I realized this when I started shopping on my own outside of Royal City. Where do they all go? I've heard Japan gets alot, but fresh ones here in the US would be nice! It seems the grocery store apples are always just CA apples and who knows how old they are. Occasionally there will be fresh ones in the store and you can tell. I guess you have to go to farmer's markets or something.

Time to go eat a fresh apple!! YEA!!!!

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...