Saturday, October 4, 2008

How to Make Waiting at the DOL a Little Bit Brighter

Jeremy's birthday is in a month, and this year that means a new driver's license! We headed over to the DOL in North Spokane expecting the usual. A crowded place where you wait forever and everyone is annoyed. Well, bring a baby in and the atmosphere gets a little lighter! I was letting Nathan toddle around while I followed him. He would stop and look at people. EVERYONE got a smile on their face and did goofy things. I swear every eye was on him the whole time. It was so cute.

I've also discovered since having a baby that strangers are much more willing to talk to me. I guess they automatically see that I have a baby and most people have kids, so there's an immediate bond to talk about something. I love it! At a place like the DOL I never would have talked with anyone before, and this time I chatted with just about everyone.

However, I'm wondering where the point is where I need to stop letting Nathan wander wherever he wants with me following. He's 13 months now and has been walking about a month. He will not sit in my lap...he'll just scream! So what do I do? Obviously, at some point, he's just going to have to sit there.

We have this problem at church too. All he wants to do is run around. I've tried going to the baby cry room, but that place is always packed full of parents giving their children cheez its and peanut butter crackers for snacks. These children all like to share too, and that will kill my child. So I haven't been to church in like a month now because of this dilema. I do not want him wandering around the back of the church. It just seems rude I guess. I'm just in a pickle!

No comments:

End of the Year Survey

Nathan:  16 Elizabeth:  13 1. What is your favorite color: N:  Blue E:  Pastel lime 2. What is your favorite toy? N:  Legos E:   squishmello...