Thursday, October 9, 2008

Jeans shopping...uggghhh!!!!

Well, I needed some new jeans today. I've never particularly enjoyed shopping for clothes, but since having Nathan I've liked it even less! He's always fussing and wants out of the stroller to run around. Plus, maybe it's the 80's styles I'm not liking this year.

Anyway, I last bought a pair of jeans in August and they are too loose now. August is when I stopped nursing Nathan and when I did that my appetite just disappeared. It seems like I'm never hungry anymore. So therefore, 2 months later I needed new jeans.

Jeans are just the worst to buy! I can NEVER find the right size and fit! Today, I found two pairs that fit pretty well. Do you want to know what sizes they were? The first pair was a size 1, and the second pair was a size 11!! What the heck?? Seriously, I've never fit into a size 1 in my life and I've never worn 11's either. I used to fit between these sizes and never had to try on six sizes to figure out which I wear.

I think there are two conspiracy theories going on here. The first are the companies that want to make you "feel good" so they purposely let people fit into 1's knowing that you will buy the pants just so you can tell people you wear a 1. The other theory is the companies that make the sizes bigger so you feel you're "fat." Then you try to lose weight and when you do so, you have to buy another pair of their jeans.

Seriously, who has time or patience to try on every size from 1 to 11? Especially women toting along fussing kids? I was about to rip my hair out! Why can't they size women's pants like mens? Using inches? It would be so easy to just go in and find a 32 waist or whatever. So frustrating!!!

On a lighter note, out house is almost painted! All they have left is the shutters which they are going to do tomorrow.

Also we had our first freeze last night so my tomato plants were all black and shriveled this morning. So sad! Poor Nathan will have no more tomatoes to smash up.

Jeremy normally has Thursdays off, but tonight is off on a prisoner transport all the way to Richland. I'm taping The Office for him!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

HAHA I'd love to fit into an 11 even again! I'm working on it though! And I agree, I don't like jeans shopping!

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...