Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My nemesis



The old yucky blue color



the new and improved house




Nathan helping out




My big piles of pine needles




We have a HUGE pine tree in our front yard that is half over the driveway. Before I moved to Northeast Washington, I had no real knowledge of pine trees or the big mess they make! Ever day, it drops more and more pine needles all over. It's the kind of tree you have to clean up after constantly.

Growing up at my house in Central Washington, there were no trees. Well, we had a few deciduous trees that were kind of stunted because they weren't meant to grow in arid conditions. It would take about 10 minutes to rake those leaves-once a year.

Now, I rake every month. I have to! This tree is a pain in my side. The driveway is always covered in needles, nothing will grow under it. We would like to have it gone, but that would be a HUGE project for poor Jeremy who has no time as it is.

Today I raked all the needles up again. I'll have to do it again before the snow falls.

I'm also posting a picture of our newly painted house with all brand new windows that Jeremy put in! It looks so much better than before! YEA!!!

1 comment:

Christel said...

I LOVE the new house color. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint, and change of color, will do!

Looks great!

End of the Year Survey

Nathan:  16 Elizabeth:  13 1. What is your favorite color: N:  Blue E:  Pastel lime 2. What is your favorite toy? N:  Legos E:   squishmello...