Sunday, August 14, 2016

August Sunset

One of my favorite things to do is to take a bike ride or walk when the sun is setting. I just love watching sunsets and how the colors change. This summer, I've been into bike rides in the evenings. There was a beautiful sunset the other night! 

When I rode into the sunset (I'm always chasing sunsets), it was a yellow/light pink everywhere. 




After I took these pictures, I turned around to go home. However, the sunset was so beautiful that I rode back to the same spot to keep watching. This time, the colors had changed a bit and now were a bit more purply. So the below pictures are from the same spot, but like 5 minutes later. Funny how the colors changed from yellow/pink to purple!

And as usual, the camera doesn't do justice! 



And no, that is not a big shadow on Rattlesnake Mountain. It's a big burn spot from a fire a few weeks ago. They had to burn that spot intentionally to stop the fire from coming down over the mountain and roaring down across Hanford. That would not have been good. 


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...