Skip to main content

August Sunset

One of my favorite things to do is to take a bike ride or walk when the sun is setting. I just love watching sunsets and how the colors change. This summer, I've been into bike rides in the evenings. There was a beautiful sunset the other night! 

When I rode into the sunset (I'm always chasing sunsets), it was a yellow/light pink everywhere. 




After I took these pictures, I turned around to go home. However, the sunset was so beautiful that I rode back to the same spot to keep watching. This time, the colors had changed a bit and now were a bit more purply. So the below pictures are from the same spot, but like 5 minutes later. Funny how the colors changed from yellow/pink to purple!

And as usual, the camera doesn't do justice! 



And no, that is not a big shadow on Rattlesnake Mountain. It's a big burn spot from a fire a few weeks ago. They had to burn that spot intentionally to stop the fire from coming down over the mountain and roaring down across Hanford. That would not have been good. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Mountains

Just needed to throw up a picture of the kids running across the snow mountains in the church parking lot. 

Cascade Mountains

Jeremy and I went to Seattle last week and I took some pretty pictures of the drive. 





We went the Snoqualmie Falls way and made a quick stop by the falls. It was 45 degrees so I thought it would feel warm compared to the 10 degrees it was at home. Yet it somehow still felt really cold? 





Bangs

Elizabeth has been begging me for bangs for a while. They will take a bit more maintenance, but hopefully her hair is straight enough they will lie flat and not be too much to work with. Here she is with her new bangs.