Saturday, March 14, 2009

Adventures in Toddlerhood

Nathan has been very active lately. He's been getting himself into some funny scrapes. Well, I'm not sure funny is the right word to use. Troublesome. Here are three fun things he's done in the last 3 days.

The other day he ripped his baby gate off the wall. Not only did the baby gate come off, but a nice little piece of the wall did too. It's still not back up yet, but he's doing ok with the stairs. Jeremy will be working on getting it back up this weekend (his weekend)

Yesterday, he learned how to open the bottom door on the china hutch. He reached in and grabbed for some napkins. When he pulled them out, one of my $70 china bowls from our wedding falls and breaks all over the floor.

Today, we were playing a game. He closes the bathroom door. I sit outside, knock and then open it up. He thinks this is such fun! Well, he's now just tall enough to push the lock button on the door. He locks himself in the bathroom. I try to use a bobby pin to open it. No luck. I try to use a paperclip and it's not working so well. He's crying in the bathroom. Finally, I manage to get it unlocked with the paperclip. I'm glad I didn't have to call the fire department! I guess it's time to buy those fun plastic door handle covers.

1 comment:

Christel said...

Cheaper and better than the door handle cover is to buy yourself one of those really small metal knitting hooks - mine is actually from a hair color kit. We keep that in the kitchen because we have found 3 random doors in our house that have locks on them (including Eli's room) and that works like a charm! :) I really hate those door covers, I can't open them half the time and they look horrible. That and if you decide you want to keep him out, lock the door and use your handy dandy hook! HAHA

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...