Friday, September 20, 2013

Homeschool Preschool

Well, we've pulled Elizabeth out of preschool.  We tried for 2 weeks, but the transportation issues were just too much. There was no way I could pick her up in downtown Richland and still get Nathan on the bus here for afternoon kindergarten.  Jeremy was getting up early to get Nathan lunch and get him on the bus. I do not like seeing my police officer head off to work tired! Also, Jeremy will likely switch shifts come the new year and on any other shift the morning preschool/afternoon kindergarten combination would just not work as I can't be in two places at once. 
Elizabeth doesn't seem to care much. She has fun playing with her brother and her best little friend Charlotte who lives across the street. She's got great social skills so I don't think she'll miss out on too much this year. Plus, I missed my little dolly when she was gone those mornings. I think I'm too attached to my little love. We have so much fun (most of the time).  I'm not ready to give her to anyone else yet and felt so much happier when we pulled her out. 
Next year when Nathan is in school all day long, she can go to preschool! 
I told her we could do a preschool here at home. I found my old boxes of teaching materials in the garage and turned my workout room into a preschool/workout room. It was nice not having to buy any materials other than a small bulletin board to put the calendar on. 




We love to practice our letters/numbers/shapes on whiteboards. Although the fighting over who gets the pink dry erase marker is getting old fast....


This room sure got colorful quickly!


Treadmills make good desks. Did I mention Nathan has joined the preschool? Of course. 

He drew the solar system. Planets on top and stars on bottom. Those kindergartners get self study projects. 


They are the cutest students I've ever had. 


Doing a fall craft. 





I planned on doing preschool 2 mornings a week like she was doing. However, right now, she is wanting to do preschool every day. I wonder how long she'll want to do it every day? I don't mind really. I'm having fun teaching! Plus, if those kids are naughty, they know Mom won't put up with it so it's nice to teach and have no discipline issues!! Plus, we're pretty laid back...this isn't exactly a Harvard Prep Preschool.  

No comments:

End of the Year Survey

Nathan:  16 Elizabeth:  13 1. What is your favorite color: N:  Blue E:  Pastel lime 2. What is your favorite toy? N:  Legos E:   squishmello...