Monday, December 3, 2012

Royal vs. Montesano


Here are the kids wearing their Montesano colors. 

Yesterday, Royal played Monte in the state football championship game. I dressed the kids in Monte colors-mostly because I don't have many black/yellow clothes for the kids. We have lots of gray/red clothes though.  Then Monte won!

The first time Montesano and Royal played in the state championship was in 1994. Jeremy and I were both there! We were freshmen.  I was playing in the pep band for Royal. He wasn't needed in the pep band as I guess Montesano had enough band members without needing freshmen members. We could have used their freshmen over on our side!  We only had one drummer (who was an 8th grader) so Jeremy could have helped out. Monte won that game too. 

In the years since 1994, Royal has won state football many, many times. It seems the only time they can't win is when they play Montesano. Weird!

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...