Sunday, June 19, 2022

Day 5 Road Trip- Lead, SD to Fairmont, MN

 These pictures loaded backwards for some reason and I don't want to reupload them! 

Today, we drove across South Dakota to Fairmont, Minnesota. It was our first time in Minnesota! Minnesota was beautiful. It didn't like me much though. I went to take a walk outside after dinner. I've never had environmental allergies before but something in the air there was bad for me! After just 5 minutes, my eyes were swelled up and red and itchy and I was itching and sneezing like crazy. I took an antihistamine. I never had a problem the whole rest of the trip! It was probably some tree pollen or something. It's interesting that the other 3 (who have tons of allergies) didn't have the same problem! 



Nathan eating his chicken at our Hampton Inn in Fairmont, MN. This is where I had the allergy problem. 

A rest area somewhere in western Minnesota. 

Minnesota was very pretty! 

The Minnesota sign! 

Before we hit Minnesota, we stopped at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota. They have murals made of corn kernels inside and out! 

Elizabeth was corn a few Halloweens ago. She kept her costume and decided to bring it on this trip JUST for wearing at the Corn Palace. She was a hit! 

Lots of neat murals on the walls made out of corn. 

See the Elizabeth corn down there on the store floor? 


Outside corn murals. 

They change the theme every year when they change out the corn. This year's theme was Under the Big Top. 

At a rest area somewhere in South Dakota

Chamberlain, South Dakota. We've stopped here before. We call this lady Sacajawea but it's not her official name. 



Another rest area in South Dakota. 

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...