Thursday, July 9, 2020

Ferdinands


Our first stop in Pullman was Ferdinands. I wanted a blackberry ripple ice cream cone for my birthday! Jeremy had one too. The kids can't eat that ice cream so we got them dilly bars from Dairy Queen later. 

We took a quick peek at the cheesemaking. They were finishing up for the day.  Jeremy and I had both worked there in college. I mostly worked in the lab making sure the cheese had the proper fat and protein levels, etc. I also remember stamping a lot of cans and sealing them.  Jeremy was a cheesemaker. 


Lots of Cougar Gold being made this week! From my experience working there during the summer, Fridays are usually ice cream making day. So that is my prediction. Maybe that has changed in the past 20 years. 


We headed outside to eat. No eating allowed inside. We sat on a bench and I just happened to notice it was the bench of my old college advisor Dr. Luedecke! He was Dad's advisor too! It's nice to have a bench in his memory. 


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...