Saturday, March 15, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Races



Today, Nathan and I ran races! Thankfully, it was a cool day and the wind was not blowing!! 

Nathan got to run in the Leprechaun Dash which was a 1 mile run. It was a free race for all the grade school kids in the Tri-Cities. The elementary school with the most finishers wins $2000 of PE equipment! I don't yet know who had the most finishers. There were 600 kids racing. Nathan said he had a lot of fun. He said when he got a little tired, he walked a bit. He finished his mile in 12:53. 

I ran the 10K (6.2 mile) adult race. The wind wasn't blowing and there weren't any huge hills, so I managed to run it in 51:18. That's an 8:15 pace which is really good for me-especially to keep it up for 6 miles. It was a great race!


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...