Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Cooking Dinner


For the past 6 1/2 years, I've really struggled with making dinner in the evening. The reason is because Jeremy is gone in the evenings for work. It was darn near impossible for me to cook anything decent being the only adult in the house (and I've refused to use the TV as a babysitter since I already use it earlier in the day to get a workout in). Someone was always crying, needing to do something in the bathroom, starting a fight, etc. Food was always getting burnt and it took 2 hours to make dinner due to interruptions.

 So for the last 6 years, I have done my cooking in the middle of the afternoon when Jeremy was around to handle the kids' needs. Jeremy would get a nice, hot meal before work, and then I would reheat dinner for us in the evening which was easy to do. 
I think the tide is finally turning. Now that the kids are getting bigger, we are finally getting fresh meals in the evening. I can stand at the stove for more than 2 minutes without some kind of problem occurring in the house. Of course, Jeremy is now the one heating up food in the middle of the day for himself. 

While I was cooking the other day, Nathan worked on some homework. 


Elizabeth was content to paint. 


No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...