Sunday, September 16, 2012

Goodbye Pontiac!

We've said goodbye to our 2001 Pontiac Grand Am. We had the car for over 10 years! I wanted to post a few pictures to remember the car by. Our brand new scanner does not work, so the "old" photos are actually photos of photos!


Here I am in March of 2002 with my new car! This picture was taken in Pullman. I'd spent my entire college career begging people for rides, walking, or taking the bus. I finally bought this car during spring break my senior year. Mom and Dad took me to Discovery in Moses Lake on a windy March day, and this became the car I'd drive for the next 10 years! I remember it cost $13,000 and had about 13,000 miles on it when I bought it. For a car that had been used as a rental, I never had many bad problems with it over the next 10 years.


Me with the car just before we sold it. Nathan insisted I give the car a hug and a kiss before the new people bought it.


A lot of big events happened while I owned the car! Here is a wedding photo from that hot day in Ellensburg in July 2012.


It was weird to have my car sitting on the street with a "For Sale" sign!


This car also drove 2 newborns home from the hospital. The first time, a frantic new mother sat in the backseat trying to keep the baby from crying on the 30 minute trip. The second time, the mother had to sit in the front seat as there was no room in the backseat. The baby cried a bit, but the mother wasn't so frantic this time.

Here are those 2 children playing around in the trunk.


Jeremy worked really hard cleaning the car up nicely so we could sell it. It was probably the cleanest it had ever been! Good job Jeremy!

We made sure to take those two out of the trunk before we sold it!

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...