Saturday, June 11, 2011

Elizabeth is 16 months


Elizabeth is 16 months old now!

I'm trying to document many of the things she can do and say.
I think the thing I'm most amazed at is her vocabulary! She's definitely a girl.
She seems to learn a new word every day. She will also imitate everything we say. If Nathan is counting, she will count too using the same tones in her voice, but not necessarily the right word.
Plus, she understands everything we are saying.

She can now point to many of her body parts and say the word. She can do nose, ears, eyes, tongue and hands. It's so cute to hear her say "Nose!"

She also does very considerate things. Today, she came and pulled on my leg and said, "Poo!" She had loaded up her diaper and was telling me so I should go change her.

She loves to copy every single thing Nathan does. He likes to play with his stuffed ducks, so she plays with her stuffed duck. He likes to carry his water cup around, so she does too.

I think she's starting to learn her colors. She can say blue, yellow, red, and green. Most of the time, she seems to pick the right block when I ask for it.

She communicates pretty well. She can say up, down, cup, bottle, cracker, close, car, shoe, sock, help, please and thanks. When she says slide I know she wants to slide down the couch cushions.

She still mixes up Mama and Dada though. She thinks we're both Dada or both Mama!

She does animal sounds for dog, horse, sheep, chicken and duck.

She loves to hide under sheets and blankets and play peekaboo. She loves to put blocks into containers and bags. She loves to play with playdough (she used to eat it!).

She's not too into books yet. She will listen to a page and then move on to a new activity.

Currently she loves to open and shut her closet door and hide inside of it and then slide it open and say "boo!"

She likes to ride around on her scooter and likes to push the kid lawnmower around outside. She also loves to play in water. She likes to throw rocks and leaves and float things in the water.

She doesn't like to swing in her baby swing yet. She likes to sit in people's laps to swing.

She likes to draw with sidewalk chalk. She can draw straight lines!

She helps you take off her clothes and puts them in the laundry. She'll put her dirty diapers in the diaper genie.

More words she says (for me to remember): Pinecone, pitch, pop, ball, woof, no, yeah, balloons, pretty, car, pen, dump, cut, hot, done, book, phone, toes, bye, duck, stop.

The other day, I asked her if she wanted to go outside and she said, "No I don't!"
That was her first sentence.

I love my little dolly so much!

1 comment:

Christel said...

Wow! What a big girl!!!!

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...