Tuesday, February 9, 2010

39 weeks, 5 days

Today I had my 39 week appointment (even though I'm almost 40 weeks). Everything is pretty much the same! 3 cm and 80% effaced. We just wait now. The big issue is just all of the pain I'm in. It's funny because I told the doctor how the pressure is just so painful. He said, "Well, next we might discuss the "i" word IF you want."

I must have grimaced because he said, "Yeah, and that's the look I always get!"

He said that most women will put up with the pain for a few more days because we don't want to risk induction and all of the risks associated. I know I would never want to be induced unless a doctor deemed it medically necessary. Apparently most other women have also done their research too and give the doctor the same look! He agreed with me though and said we'll drop all talk of that if/when it becomes medically necessary.

He did strip my membranes though which "might" get things going within the next 48 hours. It didn't hurt much at the time, but it's given me a lot of cramping and some contractions tonight. They've calmed down quite a bit though so it looks like another day of just waiting! My blood pressure is still a consistent 100/52 or so. All good there. Apparently, I am done gaining weight as I haven't gained a pound the last 3 weeks. He says that's normal though and I've gained enough for a healthy baby so that's all that matters.

Luckily, Jeremy has the next 3 days off so I can continue to just relax and wait for the next part. Hopefully the baby will come in the next 3 days!

Tomorrow is Nathan's Valentine's Party at preschool. Jeremy is going to be nice and get up early to take him as it's just so hard for me to be up and around for long periods of time. It should be fun for Nathan! We filled out his cards for the other children and he told me which ones to write for each kid. They have a potluck afterward for all the kids, but Jeremy will just bring Nathan home since Nathan can't partake in the foods there.

Hopefully the next post will be about our healthy baby girl and our uneventful labor and delivery. That is my hope anyway!

3 comments:

Jen said...

How exciting! I was induced and I ended up have a c section. I had a high risk pregnancy, so I couldnt carry past 40 weeks. Anyway I was in labor for 24 hours no drugs then Carl wouldnt move.... anyway can't wait to hear about your labor! happy baby dust coming your way!

Tilleea said...

oh, the last week, I mean month, is the WORST. I always want to see my baby NOW. Hope everything goes well.

Christel said...

I absolutely cannot wait for the post introducing us to your new daughter!!!!

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...