Thursday, November 10, 2022

Second Brain Removal

 I had a weird squishy bump on my scalp. We joked and called it my second brain. The doctor said it was a lipoma and it needed to be removed before it got too big. I put it off for a long while because I hate having surgeries and anesthesia. I finally just decided to get it done. 

It was removed and the doctor said it was 3 cm by 2 cm by 1 cm. All in all, about the size of a golf ball. It was in fact a lipoma which is a fatty tumor. There was 13 staples in my head.  I'm typing this 6 weeks later. My head still hurts a little bit but it is much better. The incision area is still bumpy and sore. The weird thing is my head is numb in a certain spot. It's a spot ABOVE the incision so it's strange indeed. The doctor said the numbness will get better but couldn't promise it wouldn't always be there. I didn't know that would be a side effect. 





No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...