Thursday, July 4, 2013

An American Flag Made of Sponges


When we moved to the new house, I bought each child a packet of sponges. Since they each have their own sinks, I told them they're supposed to keep them clean.

Elizabeth has become obsessed with these sponges. She uses them as blocks, she organizes them by color, and builds fences out of them. Plus, she cleans with them! She brings them into her bath and uses them as toys AND will wipe down the tub. She'll take them to the back (glass) door and clean off the smudges.

Last night, I turned around and saw this. She told me she had made the "American flag" for the 4th of July. I thought it was so creative!

Who knew $1.50 would buy such a great toy? (And make a 3 year old want to clean?)

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...