Thursday, February 7, 2013

1997 vs 2012. Not much difference.


I came across the top picture recently and realized it is SO much like the bottom picture. 


Here are Laura and I in the fall of 1997. We are at a cross country meet in Cle Elum. I can tell because it's the only place we ran cross country meets that had trees like that. I was a senior and she was a freshman. This is obviously after the race as we are looking tired and our hair is windblown. 
Another point. Look how much clothing we are wearing. The meet must have been in October. Most normal people would have just run in their uniform top and shorts. Not Laura and I. To stay warm, we needed long sleeve shirts and spandex. We are just always cold! I'm sure people thought we were overdressed. It's the same way now. We are always cold and have to keep our houses at 76 degrees all the time to stay warm. 



Here are Laura and I in the fall of 2012. Look, we're running another race and even standing in the same spots! It's funny because our numbers almost match with the numbers we were wearing in 1997. Back then, I was 322 and in this recent race I was 333. Laura was 324 back then and 327 now. Funny huh? I bet Holly was 323 in the race from 1997. 
We were also cold during this race as it was the end of October. The wind was quite nippy as well. This was before the race as our hair is not windblown. Although over the years, we've both been able to figure out how to tame our hair and work with it better. 

Well, time to start training for Bloomsday! Be prepared to be cold for that race too L! And yes, I know how much you hate it. But who knows? The shirts could be purple this year! 

1 comment:

rachel said...

so fun..love old pictures!! yah for bloomsday!!!!!

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...