Saturday, March 17, 2012

Elizabeth is potty trained!




A week ago, Elizabeth told us she wanted to start wearing undies. I went and bought a package of little undies thinking she might have fun playing with them. Since money is very tight right now, getting rid of diapers also seemed like a good way to save a lot of money!

We never dreamed that a week later, she'd be potty trained! She just took right to potty training. As you can see in the photos, she had an older brother who sat right next to her while she used her potty chair. He helped her get her stickers.

After about the first day, she didn't want stickers anymore. She just looked at me and said "I have enough." She was potty trained in about 3 days.

She keeps her undies dry all day. She's even dry after naps (although I've been putting a diaper on her just in case...) She's still wet in the morning, but that is no big deal. That's just one diaper a day!

She's pretty proud and we're pretty excited to almost be completely done with diapers forever!

I hesitated to post this. With my luck, she'll backslide next week and be back in diapers. But somehow I doubt it! She wants to be a big girl and wants to wear her undies!

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...