Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Conversations with Elizabeth

I was putting away laundry today. Specifically, I was putting away Nathan's underwear. Elizabeth was watching. Here's how the conversation went.

Elizabeth (pointing to herself): "Undies. Baby. Store."

Me: "You want me to get you some undies at the store."

Elizabeth: "Potty!"

Me: "Wow, I'll have to find you some cute undies. You can pick some out."

Nathan: "I think she's going to want princesses. Or Tinkerbell."

How does he know about the "girl" stuff? I'd rather she NOT get princesses or Tinkerbell as I get sick of seeing that stuff, but that's probably all they have. I wonder if they have just flowers or girly colors?

I also can't believe a 19 month old wants to have undies! I guess girls are just earlier than boys in this department.

2 comments:

gerrycammy said...

I was able to find some cute Hello Kitty underwear for Spring. Hanes brand also has non-princess underwear, but in the 7 pack they sell there are some "cheerleader" undies which I'm also not in love with. I'm definitely not in love with the whole "princess" thing either! -Cammy

Claire said...

Thanks for the ideas Cammy! I don't mind Hello Kitty or just pinks and purples. I love My Little Pony! (Although the new ponies don't really look much like ponies anymore...). I would also not be impressed with cheerleader undies. It's hard to be the Mom of a girl!

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...