Saturday, April 2, 2011

Calling 911

Elizabeth called 911 tonight.

I had just finished talking to Laura on the phone. I set the phone on the couch and went to do some dishes.

As I'm doing dishes, I notice Elizabeth is walking toward me with the phone. It sounded like there was someone on the line.

Sure enough, it was dispatch wanting to know if everything was ok. Once I assured them everything was fine, they started laughing and said that the call had made their day.

I guess Elizabeth just wanted to talk to Daddy.

Nathan also called 911 once when he was around this age. It wasn't as funny though! He called 911 and then hung up. When 911 gets a hangup, they dispatch an officer to the house.

Well, guess who got dispatched to our house? Jeremy was driving code to our house worrying that something was wrong with Nathan. (Like an allergic reaction). Luckily, dispatch and I made contact so Jeremy did not have to show up. Plus, everything was fine!

I guess it's a right of passage for the children of this house to call 911. Hopefully, it won't happen again!

No comments:

Spring Break Observation: April 2, 2014 vs April 2, 2024

We are on Spring Break and my memories popped up with a picture from exactly 10 years ago. We aren't traveling this year and since it wa...