Monday, August 25, 2008

Nathan's Beat Up Face



Nathan has been walking for all of a week and a half now. He is getting good enough that he is now trying to run all over. It is the cutest thing. However, he (and I) have been in tears several times as he likes to injure himself! He got a good black eye and cheek on Monday as he ran toward a chair, misjudged how far it was, and then fell onto it face first. It was finally starting to look better when today, he injured himself again! He tripped over a toy and fell face first on the carpet. I just assumed he was scared and in a little pain from the big bonk. This was the case, but he also got a terrible rug burn! It's oozing and bleeding and looks just horrible.

We've been trying to take him in to get his 1 year pictures done!! At this rate, he'll be 2 by the time he doesn't look all beat up.

Also, I'm nervous to take him out in public, as people will probably want to call CPS on me! My mother-in-law happens to be the CPS person for this area, so I would hope nothing would come of it if it happened. But I would sure be suspicious if I saw a child looking like this. I sure hope this is normal for 1 year olds to always be falling into things. I just don't want him to be permantly bruised.

1 comment:

Christel said...

Poor kid! That looks awful, but yes, every kid at that new walking age ends up with bruises and what not. Nothing to be too concerned about. At least he doesn't have broken bones, like Jess did. He broke his leg at 11 months, then when he got out of his cast, he broke his arm a few weeks later!

End of the Year Survey

Nathan:  16 Elizabeth:  13 1. What is your favorite color: N:  Blue E:  Pastel lime 2. What is your favorite toy? N:  Legos E:   squishmello...